We have all been there. The days when you want to cry and give up, you might have a certain bad stench to you, and you have a million and one things to accomplish. Do not fret. I am here to help. Take a breath. Relax. And try to find comfort as I say what helps me on days such as that.
- Go home. Take off all of your makeup. Get out of the clothes you’ve had on all day, and put on something comfortable to lounge in.
- Brush your teeth. Put on lip balm.
- Shower. Shave every part of you, and scrub away at your skin while taking in the steaming hot water. Shampoo and condition, exfoliate, and cleanse your skin. Get every inch, and relish in the heat of the water.
- Dry off completely. Get into a nice robe and slippers. Moisturize. Put some oils or leave-in conditioner in your hair, and comb through it. Use some more lip balm. Care for your face. Put coconut oil all over and make sure that any leftover makeup is all gone.
- Put on some fluffy socks and cozy clothes, and allow the lotion and coconut oil to seep into your skin.
- Brew a cup of tea, and fill up a bottle of water.
- Paint your nails, or take off old polish.
- Make sure your room is clean. Wash up dirty dishes. Take out the garbage. Put on fresh bed sheets, and do a load of laundry.
- Go for a walk outside, or just feel the sunshine or cold air hit your skin. Experience the comfort of nature.
- Come back. Lay down. Take a nap if you want. Give yourself a solid hour to just breathe, stretch, and lower your heart rate.
- Sit in complete silence for five minutes with your eyes closed.
- Journal every single feeling that you are experiencing.
- Make a list of every single thing on your mind. Every task, chore, homework assignment, and looming project. Get it out and onto the paper.
- Clean out your school bag and purses. Get all of your papers in order. Put everything in its place.
- Get to work. Take it one at a time. Step by step. Slowly work your way through the tasks you wrote down. Remember to breathe. You’ll get it done.
- Go to bed at a reasonable hour. Get super cozy amongst your pillows and soft blankets. Fall into a slumber, and let your worries drift away.
It will all be okay. The stress will eventually fade. You will finish the project. It will all be perfectly imperfect and okay.
Disclaimer: **This was inspired by a Tumblr post I read one day, and it inspired me to create my own version that I actually use after a bad day. I do like this person’s more, so I hope you enjoy: